Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 47 - Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs

This is the first time seeing Cardio Abs in 3 weeks.  I welcomed it back with open arms!  I thought a short workout from the first month would be refreshing.  It kind of was, I guess.  Like before, I decided to start with Cardio Abs before going into to the main workout.  I think this was my best performance on Cardio Abs yet.  I was even outlasting some of the Insanity crew on the DVD which is surprising since they all have very nice abs.  Maybe I do too under my layer of fat.  Perhaps time will tell.  Unfortunately, Max Cardio Conditioning did not go as well.  I don't know if I was out of steam because of starting with Cardio Abs or if I was just having a bad day.  My muscles fatigued a lot faster than normal and my heart rate didn't get as high as it normally does.  Doing Cardio Abs with Max Cardio Conditioning is the status quo from here on out.  I will try to do Cardio Abs in the morning before work if my schedule allows and then do Max Cardio Conditioning in the afternoon and see if that improves my performance.

Tomorrow is the return of Core Cardio and Balance, the workout from the recovery week.  It will be nice to have an easier workout.  I believe that if you got the deluxe version of Insanity, Core Cardio and Balance would be replaced by something else at this point but I have the basic version so I cannot offer any insight.  I don't even remember there being a deluxe option when I ordered it.

1 comment:

  1. I found that i had the same problem as you on day 47. I was really fatigued and my heart rate just didnt pick up like it usually would. I had to actually quit the workout around ten minutes before the end. I had a quick break then put cardio abs in and after the warm up it was clear my body just was‘nt playing. I also developed a left knee injury that day. I made it through the rest so far though and tommorow is my first day of week 8. Congratulations on finishing the program:)

    ReplyDelete