Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 10 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I really was not in the mood to do this today.  Like I mentioned yesterday, I had to get up an hour early to take care of the workout before I left for work.  Plus, today was Plyometric Cardio Circuit, my absolute least favorite of the month 1 bunch.  I did notice that I am able to do more of the workout but it is still frustrating having to sit out so much for the second circuit because I don't have the strength yet.  I pulled a groin muscle at some point so my basketball jumps were pretty weak but I didn't want to make it any worse than it already was.

I keep screwing up the stretching part of the warm up.  I understand that Shaun T. is like a mirror image of me, so when he lifts his left hand I lift my right.  No problem!  For some reason my brain flips that around during the stretches and get all sorts of screwed up.  I notice that I tend to do the hip flexers on the same side, just facing a different direction.  I must concentrate more, I guess.  I wonder if that is part of the reason I suck so much at the stretches.

My HRM said I burned 510 calories.  I wonder how that would change if I was able to do more of workout.  It did say I was "In the Zone" for almost 30 minutes, whatever that means.  I assume it's good.  It's kind of difficult washing my hair afterwards since my arms are so tired by the end.

Tomorrow is Cardio Recovery, another workout that I wasn't so fond of my first go round.  We'll see if I like it more!  At least it will be nice to give my muscles a break and give them a good stretch.

2 comments:

  1. "It's kind of difficult washing my hair afterwards since my arms are so tired by the end."

    LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having problems too with the basketball sets. I am hoping that I will get strong enough to do these, especially the ski abs and in an out. My legs and arms are spaghetti. However, I have a lot of fun with the jabs, uppercuts, and attacks! They burn my arms, but I like those. They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete