Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 13 - Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs.

Yowza!  Pure Cardio was as nuts as ever but today we added Cardio Abs on top of it.  I'm not sure about the wisdom of adding an additional 16 minutes of workout on top of the first month's most intense workout.  It seems like it would serve better to be added on to fit test days but I guess those don't come along very often, and looking ahead I see that month two tacks an ENTIRE workout on top of the fit test.  Also, looking ahead, it appears that Pure Cardio & Cardio abs in the new status quo for Pure Carido days.  I did some research on the internet and it seems that a lot of people choose to do the Cardio abs on different days.  I may do that in the future but for my first time through Insanity I'm going to stick with how it is written.

I do feel myself getting strong with Pure Cardio.  I don't know if it's possible to get through the entire routine without taking some breaks but I've been taking fewer and the ones I take are shorter.  Cardio Abs on the other hand was not pretty.  My stomach consists of a layer of skin, a layer of blubber and then my internal organs with no muscles at all.  It is a short workout at 16 minutes but  was probably only doing the moves for half of it.  It starts out fine for me with some jumps that get the heart rate going but that is followed by floor exercises.  There aren't any sit ups or crunches, which is nice, and I could handle most of the moves that were done in the sit up position.  Those are followed by moves in the plank position and that is were things fell apart.  My arms are still weak and my abs were spent.  It really felt like they were about to tear in half.  I'm not too discouraged since it was the first time seeing this routine and I'll have plenty more tries at it.  It will be interesting to see how I improve.

Overall workout time: 55 minutes
Average HR: 149 BPM
Max: 182 BPM
Calories: 749

Tomorrow is some much need rest followed by the return of the Fit Test on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. "My stomach consists of a layer of skin, a layer of blubber and then my internal organs with no muscles at all."

    LOL again. I like your writing style. =D

    ReplyDelete